Welcome to Christmas at Oriel Myrddin!
We’ve chosen hand-made ceramics, textiles, clothes, woodwork, leather-work and much more for our Makers Market 2016. The exhibition features beautifully crafted and carefully selected work from designers, individual makers and artists from across the UK and Wales.
- You’ll find exceptional ceramics from Peter Bodenham, Lowri Davies, Caitlin Jenkins, Vicky Lindo, James & Tilla Waters.
- We’re delighted to be showing a brand new line of clever and stylish outdoor clothing from Ali and Marnie at Filthy Weather.
- Beautiful linen smocks and hand dyed accessories from Polly Lyster of Dyeworks in Stroud – real favourites with our winter shoppers.
- Woolen accessories this year are from Oubas Knitwear in Cumbria and ABOÛT – a German company who have been in the hat industry since the 1950’s.
- We’re proud to be working again with Carmarthenshire based Corgi Hosiery bringing you the softest cashmere accessories.
- Gillian Osband‘s herring bone design throws use wool from sheep on her Pembrokeshire farm.
- Crafted leather bags will be available from Bonner Leather Studio in Gloucestershire – including a range of very stylish bicycle saddle bags. Pembrokeshire based Will Suiter is showing work aprons, dog leads and wallets alongside a range of other special leather and canvas pieces.
- Woodwork from Carmarthenshire – Simon Gaiger‘s hand crafted walking sticks and wooden spatulas from Sam Knight.
- We have a fabulous range of wooden jewellery from London based Lina Peterson‘s ‘Carved in Colour’ range and silver jewellery by designer and maker, Barbara Spence.
- Michelle Cain‘s generous log baskets use willow grown by the maker in west Wales – Michelle also made the famous giant willow badger in Cilgerran Wildlife Park – a firm favourite with west Wales locals!
- We’re pleased to be showing some very desirable textile sculptures based on Staffordshire pottery from Glasgow based Karen Suzuki.
- West Wales forager, Jade Mellor of Wild Pickings is again providing tempting foody treats, bottled condiments and other delights – the perfect locally sourced gift.
- Swansea designers, BYJI provide stylish Christmas decorations for your tree.
- With paintings from Cathy Cullis, stitched textile panels from Ruth Harries and assemblage pieces from Rachel Larkins we are delighted to welcome you to browse for your Christmas gifts in the calm of our beautiful gallery setting.